sausage pepper and onion egg shots for quick real food in the morning on the way to the box
I’m a body positive blog. Follow my blog for inspirational/motivational photos and foodporn + lots of recipes. :)
It’s official, I’ve master making these bad boys and it is really the most simple recipe EVER.
Ingredients: (makes 12 medium macaroons)
- 3 cups of shredded coconut (I used sweetened and didn’t add any sugar)
- 6 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preset oven to 350
- Separate out egg yolks and add in whites into bowl
- Whip (use a mixer unless you want a workout) until frothy and forms peaks, pictured above
- Add in cinnamon and salt
- One cup at a time add a cup of coconut and fold into eggs
- Add in vanilla and thoroughly mix
- Form into golf size balls and place onto parchment paper
- Bake for 15 minutes or the top is golden brown
- Dip and drizzle chocolate after the macaroon is cool.
- If you would like to avoid sweetened coconut buy shredded, unsweetened coconut and add in 1/4 cup of honey prior to baking.
This is a super crafty, simply and delicious cookie to bring to any holiday party!